One More Page Books


2200 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA 22213 * 703-300-9746
www.onemorepagebooks.com * Mon-Sat: 10 am - 8 pm; Sun: noon - 5 pm

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

If you've talked with me lately, you know that the verb "tinysizing" has become part of my vocabulary, inspired by The Big Tiny by Dee Williams. While Terry and I were selling Dee's book at Boneyard Studios here in DC and looking at tiny house plans, I saw one that would make a fantastic pop-up bookstore. Earlier today as I shared my tinysizing activities with a friend, I mentioned the pop-up bookstore idea and how it reminded me of my very first job - shelving books on a bookmobile.

I grew up in a new development and the only libraries were in school. During summer vacation, the only place to get books was during the weekly visit from the bookmobile. I still remember the thrill of all those books -- with new ones every week. I still want to be part of the unexpected surprises and wonders of books you didn't even know you wanted. (this is similar to the inside of the book mobile I worked on). Stay tuned to see where we go with this idea.

No comments: