One More Page Books


2200 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA 22213 * 703-300-9746
www.onemorepagebooks.com * Mon-Sat: 10 am - 8 pm; Sun: noon - 5 pm

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Vamoose to NYC - or should I Bolt?

$25 to go from DC to NYC - in 4 hours no less.
AND 3 bags + 1 carry-on allowed - take that you airlines!
Now, I won't need to bring that much luggage, but if I did happen to make some purchases in NYC, well, I won't have to worry about how to get it back to DC.

Will let you know how it goes. Vamoose is one of a number of bus companies with express buses to NYC. I selected it because it has a bus running from Arlington (and Bethesda).

DC2NY leaves from to locations in DC. Both drop-off and pick-up at Penn Station in NYC.

Prices for Bolt Bus look to be even lower - around $15-20. In addition to DC, BoltBus makes runs to NYC from Boston and Philly. Bolt also offers WI-FI, power outlets and extra leg room.

Like Bolt BusTripper Bus also offers WI-FI, power outlets. It leaves from Rosslyn, VA and Bethesda, MD to NYC and says it has fares as low as $1, but all the ones I saw were $25.

No comments: