One More Page Books


2200 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA 22213 * 703-300-9746
www.onemorepagebooks.com * Mon-Sat: 10 am - 8 pm; Sun: noon - 5 pm

Monday, November 23, 2009

Ehh...not that crazy about this book

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. "A true-crime murder story and hugely entertaining and deliciously perverse travelogue." Maybe I'm like my nephew who is also struggling with Southern literature. It did make me want to visit Savannah, but I wasn't excited about reading it (meaning, it didn't make me stay up too late).

Also finished Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins which will be coming out in March 2010. Sophie Mercer, a witch, gets sent off to Hex Hall for a prom-night spell that doesn't go exactly as planned (but it's pretty funny). Mmmmm...not in love with this one either. Am sending off to my niece for review - she's a tougher critic than me.

No comments: