One More Page Books


2200 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA 22213 * 703-300-9746
www.onemorepagebooks.com * Mon-Sat: 10 am - 8 pm; Sun: noon - 5 pm

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Highly Recommend The Hunger Games (Young Adult and Adult)

With all the books I picked up at BookExpo, you'd think I wouldn't need to buy anything new for a while. But as soon as I got home, I bought The Hunger Games from Aladdin's Lamp bookstore across the street.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was awesome.  Read it and then read Catching Fire, the next book in the series.  Don't take my word for it, listen to several well-known and avid fans:

"I was so obsessed with this book I had to take it with me out to dinner and hide it under the edge of the table so I wouldn't have to stop reading. The story kept me up for several nights in a row, because even after I was finished, I just lay in bed wide awake thinking about it...The Hunger Games is amazing."
--Stephenie Meyer, www.stepheniemeyer.com

"The Hunger Games is as close to perfect an adventure novel as I've ever read. I could not put it down. Collins has transformed the ancient Labyrinth myth into a terrifyingly believable tale of future America. Readers will be hungry for more.
--Rick Riordan, author of The Percy Jackson Series and The 39 Clues

1 comment:

TinkerFrog said...

I'll second that! We bought The Hunger Games for my daughter for Christmas on the strength of different recommendations . . . but once I started it, I couldn't put it down either! She wouldn't let me borrow Catching Fire until she had finished it, and my husband almost had to take it away from both of us to stop the harassment. Can't wait for the last book in the series to come out this month!!