One More Page Books


2200 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA 22213 * 703-300-9746
www.onemorepagebooks.com * Mon-Sat: 10 am - 8 pm; Sun: noon - 5 pm

Thursday, March 5, 2009

"And seldom is heard

a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day." That phrase from a v-e-r-y old song, Home on the Range, has been running through my mind the past 2 weeks.

Not sure why I know a song about the west, but it's come to mind after all these years, since I've been trying to not say "a discouraging word." I'm tired of hearing only bad things and don't want to contribute to the negative vibe - there are some good things going on too. Plus, the round-about way of saying it's sunny -- "not cloudy all day" sounds a little like me.

And if you want to read all the lyrics, click here (I love being able to check lyrics since I usually do NOT have them right - it saves a lot of embarrassment.).

No comments: