One More Page Books


2200 N. Westmoreland Street, Arlington, VA 22213 * 703-300-9746
www.onemorepagebooks.com * Mon-Sat: 10 am - 8 pm; Sun: noon - 5 pm

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The mystery binge continues

In my independent bookstore prowl, I continue to pick up more books. Faster than I can read them, but I enjoy trying to keep up.

Recently finished The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr, author of The Alienist and The Angel of Darkness. This is a change up from those books in both location and cast of characters, moving from Dr. Laszlo Kreizler in New York City to Sherlock Holmes in Scotland. I liked it quite a bit, but not as much as the Alienist which I love.
"The Italian Secretary captivates." - Publishers Weekly.

Another book add to the reading list...City of Silver by Annamaria Alfieri. Read Daniel Mallory's review in the Washington Post: "...Densely brocaded with period detail, "City of Silver" reads like an El Doradan "Name of the Rose," all cloistered intrigue and New World decadence." Having spent several weeks in Peru and Bolivia and reading up on the history, I look forward to reading this book. What's the term for a history mystery??

No comments: